A wide range of speakers will help us explore our architectural and building heritage, with a focus on Aberdeen’s cinemas and theatres. Presenting on the day will be:
· Dr Alistair Fair, Reader in Architectural History at Edinburgh University, will look at Aberdeen’s post-1900 theatre architecture.
· Ronald Grant, from the Cinema Museum in London, will share his memories of Aberdeen’s cinemas and illustrate his presentation with many original photographs from his collection.
· Dr Paul Maloney, Research Fellow at Queen’s University Belfast, will show how imaginative use of archival sources and material culture can produce a colourful and accessible theatre history which relates entertainment to wider developments.
· Janet McBain, former curator of the Scottish Screen Archive, will consider the representation of the city and its citizens in films.
· Dr Lyn Wilson, Digital documentation manager, Historic Environment Scotland, will outline the use of digital innovations at HES and give examples of focused applications.
Additional information, including a link to the booking form, are available on the ACC conference page.