As part of the Union Street Conservation Area Regeneration Scheme, we are running a one day training course on roofing on 21st November in Aberdeen Arts Centre.
The course is free, but places must be booked, which can be done via Eventbrite – https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/traditional-roofing-slating-union-street-cars-tickets-76746427631?ref=eios. More information is also available on Eventbrite.
Training will be led by Neil Grieve and Craig Frew and will include both talks and practical demonstrations. Topics covered will include the following:
• Aberdeen’s traditional roofs
• Roof structures; joinery
• Roof coverings; slate, tile, lead etc.
• Scottish slate and slating practice
• Lead sheet in roofing
• Repair and maintenance of roof structures; joinery repairs
• Repair and maintenance of roof coverings; slate, tile and lead repair/ replacement
• Roof-level masonry; chimneys, skew stones, crowsteps, parapets etc.
• Cast iron rainwater goods and the impact of climate change